The hunt for funding from the Higher Education Loans Board is escalating more and more even as thousands of students prepare for upcoming admission. While some learners have little or no trouble navigating the HELB portal, some find it difficult to get started in the first place. Stay informed on how to register and activate the Higher Education Loans Board in order to preserve the validity of your academic dreams.
Preparing for enrollment in higher education is an overwhelming process for learners, especially those from families in financial difficulty. Fortunately, the Higher Education Loans Board is helpful in helping needy students achieve their dreams through scholarships, bursaries, and loans. However, this financial aid is exclusive to institutions mandated by the Kenyan Ministry of Education.
READ ALSO: How to apply for a HELB loan
HELB student portal: registration and activation
How do I register my HELB account? First-time applicants should register for the HELB account before proceeding with their loan applications. It is through this account that Government Sponsored and Self-Funded Students (SSP) can access government funding to facilitate their placement programs, regardless of institution. With an account, interested HELB loan recipients can submit applications and check the status of the HELB loan upon disbursement. The registration process is always open to anyone who deserves the basic requirements described on the portal.
KNEC CP2 portal: registration, deployment letters, password reset
Step-by-step guide to registering for the HELB portal
Did you know that it is also mandatory for non-HELB recipients to register for an Access HELB loan authorization form? Creating a HELB account is a straightforward process requiring minimal personal details. You can successfully create a Higher Education Loans Board account on your own in minutes without asking for expert help. Check out our step-by-step guide to successfully registering an account with the Higher Education Loans Board.
- Make sure you have internet access and then go to your favorite browser like Opera, Firefox, Chrome or any other in this case.
- Visit the Higher Education Loans Board portal website www.helb.co.ke.
- Click on “Products” in the menu bar to continue.
- On the product category, scroll down to the “HELB loans” section
- Select âUndergraduate Loanâ if you are a direct entry student, âJielimishe Loanâ if you are a salaried student, or opt for TVET loans if you plan to enroll in technical and vocational education and training .
- By clicking on one of the three, you will be taken to the student portal.
Mombasa Technical Training Institute: online application, fee schedule, courses
Scroll down and click “Apply Now” to go to the registration page.
- In the menu list, hover over the drop-down icon next to âUser Registrationâ. Choose âCandidate Registrationâ if you are a student or âEmployer Registrationâ if you are an employer.
- By clicking on “Applicant registration”, you will be directed to the new account creation page.
- Provide your national identity card and your first name as they appear on your identity card, then click “Validate” to continue.
- On the new page, provide your personal information, including an active phone number, valid email address, and password.
Warning: Always make sure to remember your email address and password, as you will need them whenever you search for online services on the Higher Education Loans Board portal.
- Confirm all the details provided, then click “Register” to create an account. The system will display a congratulatory message prompting you to access your email for the activation process.
How to replace lost KCSE and KCPE certificates: a complete guide
Activation of the HELB account
Now that you are registered, account activation is probably the most critical step in registering your account, otherwise you will not be able to qualify for an account. The process serves to validate the email and phone number provided as authentic credentials of the HELB portal requester. It is therefore essential to ensure that you have access to the email and phone number provided before starting the registration process.
- Start by accessing your inbox via your phone or computer, then go to your inbox and locate the message from the Higher Education Loans Board.
- Open the mail and click on the link provided to begin the process of activating your account.
- The link page will ask for an automatically generated code delivered to your phone number.
- Find the code in your phone’s inbox, provide it in the web field, then click “CONTINUE”.
- By doing so, you will have successfully created a new HELB portal account to help you apply for various products as well as organization scholarships.
The best NGO scholarship for poor students in Kenya
It is important to note that the Higher Education Loans Board is now partnering with local and international organizations to make the dream of all of its eligible members come true. Therefore, students in the diaspora can also access HELB loans for international students to enhance their learning experience. Note that users can only register one account with Higher Education Loan Boards. Those unable to remember their credentials should reset the HELB portal password or contact the HELB team for appropriate assistance.
Recover HELB password
Have you forgotten your password and are wondering how to reset the password for my HELB portal? Follow these simple steps
- Access the HELB portal, then click on “Forgotten password”.
- Provide your email on the next page to receive a new password and a guide on how to create a new one.
Contacts of the Higher Education Loans Commission
To contact HELB for assistance,
Mezzanine One (M1)
- Contact Center / Customer Experience Center
KNEC Portal: How to download LCBE assessments in 2021
Ground floor, anniversary towers
Email: [email protected]
You can find other regional contact details on the website.
READ ALSO: 6 types of Visa cards issued by Co-op Bank
The cost of getting an education is far beyond the reach of most Kenyans, one of the reasons the Department of Education provides financial assistance to needy students. All eligible HELB beneficiaries can now easily complete their account registration, regardless of time and place, via the HELB online portal. With a few clicks, you can successfully create and activate your account to start receiving financial support from the Ministry.
- Connection and registration to the NEMIS portal
- KRA: What Kenyans Want Their Taxes To Do
- Step by step guide to income tax filing, void returns on the new iTax portal
- Salary and allowances for new TSC teachers in Kenya
- What is actuarial science and what jobs can you get with the degree?